Job Illuminated Bible
This is the link to the Book of Job that we are using in our study at my church. Below you will see the post that I made on my homesteading page regarding our unique church and what we are currently studying there.
I attend a unique church.
We are more of a Bible study than a traditional church. We start each Sunday morning with coffee and maybe a dessert and fellowship. We have a small song service with traditional hymns followed by communion. Then we study and discuss whatever book we are currently reading. Right now we are reading Job. We vote on our selection and I think we all thought Job would be a little less annoying than it is. His friends are trying to find fault when God has clearly stated that he is without reproach. Anyway, it has led to good discussion and all of us have benefited from it but we are almost through and reading to move on. I'll share our next book when we get it started. I love that we get a copy of that book alone and the format contains wide margins for note taking. All of us have the same translation. We read on our own and then gather as a group so that we can share personalized insights and be ready to discuss. Although what we get does not have the cross references, most of us have a study Bible that does. We also look up definitions of words we might not fully understand. I also enjoy reading each chapter in the Message.
If you are local we would love to have you join us at Falmouth Christian Chapel at 9 a.m. any Sunday!
Comments
Post a Comment